1:36 p.m. MST Meeting called to order
Vanessa Sabourin delivers Treaty 6 land acknowledgement and rules of engagement for community meetings.
These meetings will NOT be recorded and folks will always have the option to make any information shared confidential if they so choose.
Stay tuned for updates on all future Community Check-in meetings.
Register for all future meetings: https://www.theatrealberta.com/community-check-in/?fbclid=IwAR3c4M1EZf_npUrOvuCuUDBSNTDEoAbSIFw6CGXMruoYaz3sOym9-e9RBZc
Rules for engagement for Azimuth Theatre/Theatre Alberta Community check-ins:
- This space is meant to be a respectful space, a kind space, a safe space. There are many differences in experiences and methods of processing during this very tumultuous time. While we are encouraged to express ourselves, please be mindful of language and remain open to other perspectives.
- Please respect Confidentiality. For the purposes of these conversations, we will default to ‘Personal is Private’. Do not share anyone else’s personal story unless given direct permission to do so. If you are sharing a personal story that you don’t mind being shared by others in different contexts please indicate so. PLEASE NOTE: Though these sessions are not recorded, the chat room is public and is possible to be saved by any member of the meeting.
- Feel free to leave when you wish. If you need to leave the meeting early, no problem! But please, send us a little note to indicate that you are alright, otherwise we will follow up with you to make sure you have support.
- We will be taking minutes and posting them publicly. These minutes are for resources shared and any general questions that may be relevant to the community at large or the members in the meeting. Please indicate if you are sharing a resource, or any other information, that you DO NOT wish to be made public. WE WILL NOT share any personal stories unless explicitly expressed as a desire to be shared publicly.
- If you are experiencing technical difficulties, Jake Tkaczyk is our contact. He can be reached at email@example.com
Please keep your microphone muted unless you are speaking, or otherwise agreed upon by the group.
The Government of Alberta is hosting a telephone townhall with Dr. Hinshaw to consult with theatres on stage 2 of relaunch. Through these calls they will be gaining feedback for the drafting of guidance documents for the reopening of the theatres, as well as identifying any issues with our ability to reopen in order to help theatres feel confident with moving forward.
Theatre community members are invited to join in on this telephone call, via registration through the link included below.
Theatre Alberta staff will be attending the meeting and reporting on the information provided. If you have any questions that you would like Theatre Alberta to ask on your behalf, please forward them to David van Belle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topic: Movie theatres and theatres with Minister Aheer
Date: June 3rd
Time: 11:30am-12:30 pm (MT)
Please note: the registration page erroneously mentions only movie theatres, but the call is for both live theatres and movie theatres.
YEG Event Calls For Action In Addressing Justice For Missing And Murdered Indigenous People: June 3:
Reopening guidelines for venues/presenters:
CAEA meeting online re: safety of its members: https://vimeo.com/420842711
Here’s a direct link to the ESA guide: https://www.theatrealberta.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/2020-05-11EventSafetyAllianceReopeningGuide.pdf
Citadel masterclass series: You can always give suggestions! https://www.citadeltheatre.com/artists-learning/artist-experiences/masterclasses
Nextfest goes online! http://nextfest.org/
MZD Garden Party http://milezerodance.com/2017/2019-mzd-salons-garden-party/
Look for more resources from AdHoc Assembly All In Alberta https://www.theatrealberta.com/all-in-alberta/
This week’s PACT Town Hall — Thursday, June 4 at 11am MT — will be dedicated to gathering in solidarity and planning for collective anti-racist action. I would encourage everyone to register here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/pact-weekly-covid-19-town-hall-tickets-99998016760
Resources for dismantling white supremacism in ourselves and our organizations:
https://www.americansforthearts.org/node/99188 (Aesthetic Perspectives)
White Supremacy Culture: https://www.dismantlingracism.org/white-supremacy-culture.html
3:02 p.m. MST Meeting adjourned