1:34 p.m. MST Meeting called to order.
Vanessa Sabourin delivers Treaty 6 land acknowledgement and rules of engagement for community meetings.
These meetings will NOT be recorded and folks will always have the option to make any information shared confidential if they so choose.
Upcoming May meetings:
Monday, May 11 at 8 p.m. MST
Monday, May 18 at 1:30 p.m. MST
Monday, May 25 at 8 p.m. MST
Register for all future meetings: https://www.theatrealberta.com/community-check-in/?fbclid=IwAR3c4M1EZf_npUrOvuCuUDBSNTDEoAbSIFw6CGXMruoYaz3sOym9-e9RBZc
Rules for engagement for Azimuth Theatre/Theatre Alberta Community check-ins:
- This space is meant to be a respectful space, a kind space, a safe space. There are many differences in experiences and methods of processing during this very tumultuous time. While we are encouraged to express ourselves, please be mindful of language and remain open to other perspectives.
- Please respect Confidentiality. For the purposes of these conversations, we will default to ‘Personal is Private’. Do not share anyone else’s personal story unless given direct permission to do so. If you are sharing a personal story that you don’t mind being shared by others in different contexts please indicate so. PLEASE NOTE: Though these sessions are not recorded, the chat room is public and is possible to be saved by any member of the meeting.
- Feel free to leave when you wish. If you need to leave the meeting early, no problem! But please, send us a little note to indicate that you are alright, otherwise we will follow up with you to make sure you have support.
- We will be taking minutes and posting them publicly. These minutes are for resources shared and any general questions that may be relevant to the community at large or the members in the meeting. Please indicate if you are sharing a resource, or any other information, that you DO NOT wish to be made public. WE WILL NOT share any personal stories unless explicitly expressed as a desire to be shared publicly.
- If you are experiencing technical difficulties, Jake Tkaczyk is our contact. He can be reached at email@example.com
Please keep your microphone muted unless you are speaking, or otherwise agreed upon by the group.
Paige recommended LadioCast as a resource for online voice teaching. To find out more or to view her recordings on Ladiocast email them at:
Paige also has a Nextfest clown performance coming up online. Make sure to check out Nextfest in June.
Please also contact Paige for all your Princess Party and clown needs.
Althea Cunningham is making sweets and is taking requests!
Morgan Yamada is offering her services as a French tutor or childcare. Please contact her at Morgan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Silverius Materi is offering help to any young students learning grade 5 curriculum related to learning about the legislature. Contact him at
He’s also offering Tarot readings.
Jake Tkaczyk recommends a Podcast! It’s a miracle (cuz he usually hates Podcasts):
Looking for help? Need support? In crisis?
- Call 780-424-2424 for adult addiction and mental health access 24/7
- Call 811 to speak with a Registered Nurse about your health concerns
Questions about CERB: Telephone and online are very easy. If you’re feeling anxious, most folks seem to be saying that it is a very simple and painless process.
ACTION ITEM: Looking to set up a COVID support group. Azimuth and Theatre Alberta will explore these options whether it be through SLACK, a Google Doc, or even a FB page.
3:09 p.m. MST Meeting adjourned